Monday, March 31, 2014

{S.S.} #163: Die Cuts

Good morning sweeties!
I have been running around here with my head literally cut off!!!
Ahhhhh.....I need more hours, more hands and more ME's!!!!  Does anyone have that machine I can borrow ?  LOL!!!

Besides the craziness....Things... I am glad that I can log on today and share the card I made for this weeks challenge over at SweetStamps.
This weeks theme is:
Die Cuts
I really like how these all came together!!!  I had another one, but it wouldn't fit in properly to photograph it very well.  I used Flourish Medallion SweetCuts for the background base.  I split them in half and glued them points, facing one another.  I then cut Tulip Oval SweetCuts out of Black cardstock and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I laid that on top of the stick tape.  The negative space was filled with Glitter RITZ white and burnished for a smooth surface. I then took my Copic markers and colored the inside of the Tulips.
The finishing touch is seam binding ribbon colored with distress ink, matching the tulips!! :)
Here is a closer look at both cards.

Looking forward to seeing your swirl project and the interesting ways, this challenge can be interpreted. 
*****************
Join our weekly and monthly challenge
You can use any stamp on your challenge entry, but if you use a SweetStamps image, you will get two entries into the giveaway! To enter the challenge, please add the URL to your actual blog post or online gallery to the InLink at the end of the post. Please do not link to your main blog, we want to be able to find your post to leave you comments. Also, please link back to the SweetStamps blog.
Remember, you can only enter the challenge one time, use a SweeStamps image to get an extra entry in the challenge. Please limit the amount of challenges to 10 (including SweetStamps). You must link back to SweetStamps on your blog post.

Next week's challenge #164 is:
EASTER
Our monthly challenge, can be found HERE
Theme is:
Fun Folds
****************
I would like to enter the following challenges:
AAA Cards
Sparkle N Sprinkle: April 

Hugs, 
Calypso 


8 comments :

  1. Just gorgeous Calypso! I *love* the embossed dies and the shimmer under it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so gorgeous, Calypso! I love the shimmer and the yellow and lavender colors for spring! I think your tulips take on a stained glass feel. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calypso your card is very beautiful, I love the clean and very sparkly looks of it. Great colors that are perfect for spring :-) Thank you so much for playing along over at Sparkle N Sprinkle and we are hoping to see your beautiful creation next month :-)
    ~Steff~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the glitter on here and how they mimic stain glass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Calypso! Lovely cards! So bright, springy and cheerful! Beautiful die cuts, and wonderful clean lines. (Love the glitter in the white spaces). Thanks for an enjoyable morning browsing your blog. I am your newest google follower!

    Now to put on my other hat. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! Fabulous cards and a super design. So glad you shared them with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely! The stain glass effect is amazing and your colors just all POP!
    Sweet Hugs
    Denise
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful designs, beautiful coloring and love the added sparkle of the glitz. Love the way you used the medallion die and colored the ribbons to match.

    ReplyDelete