Thursday, November 21, 2013

*Stamp and Create w/ Magnolia #23: Winter Gifts

Good morning!!
Happy Friday to you!!
It is extremely cold and windy today...BRRR!!!

Today, Stamp and Create w/Magnolia  has a new challenge for you. 
Challenge #23:
Winter Gifts
Use a Winter Themed Magnolia stamp with image with a gift, or create a gift or gift packaging

What do we consider a Winter image?:
Cold, Snow, Christmas, New Year's/Celebrations. Colors are: Red, Green, Gold, white, blue, etc...
  
For my creation today, I am showing you my first attempt at a cracker box!
I have seen these being made and I just love the idea.  Not only that, the look is very unique and it really does make people ask....what is that?!?!
Now, I didn't think the frame on top of the image would look good, but now that it's adhered, I think I like it very much!!!  The black really ties all the colors together.
 Here is a side view.
I added liquid pearl drops on all 8 tops.  It really does take patients and someone with a very steady hand to apply these.  I love the look, so I had to be very..very slow!!  LOL
I added tulle and tied it in a bow at both ends.
Added a Maya Arts Wood Veneer snowflake, charm and poinsettia flowers, which are also on the patterned paper.
Here is a close up in my darling Christmas Eve Tilda.
She has been colored with Copics. The white of her apron and dress have been shimmered up with Stardust glitter glue.  The inside of the frame has been sponged with Antique and Walnut distress ink.

So I hope you enjoyed my card and will pay us a visit.
Prize:

The rules for our challenges are:
~ Each Challenge has a Seasonal Theme as well as a standard challenge. You must comply with both themes to enter the challenge.
~ You must use a Magnolia stamp to enter the challenges.
~ You are welcome to combine your card with as many other challenges as you wish.
No back linking - your entry must be a new creation.
~ You must be a follower of the challenge blog to enter the challenges.
~ You must include a link to our challenges within your entry post.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge #69
Marvelous Magnolia #54
Midweek Magnolia #78
Totally Papercrafts #194

Hugs, 
Calypso

2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous creation..Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Brown Sugar. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete