Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hey Gorgeous!

Hi everyone-
This week has been a very long, exhausting and refocusing type of week.
Sometimes people and situations happen that make you take a step back and think.
Make you think of redoing your priority list and really figuring out the importance of life. 

I don't want to bring you all down, but this card is created with a purpose.
It is for my sons' friends mom, who has lung cancer. 
A beautiful woman, with a bald head and a BIG heart.
A dedicated mother, wife and friend. 
The dress form was created using Spellbinders dies tulle and Sage seam binding from Inspired by Stamping Store. 
I created three layers, with the repeated pinch, fold and glue motion. 
The top of the dress form is created using two layers of the same crochet lace. 
The bling around the hip area is from Prima Marketing: Crystal Sheet.  Love this stuff, cause you can cut as much or as little as you want.  The resin flower is a brad from The Girls' Paperie. 
I also had a need to add a feather, but the feather I had did not have the point. 
So I cut a pinch from further down and grouped them together and glued. Love how it looks!!
The 'Hey Gorgeous' is from the Spring Blossoms, stamp set. 
This is the inside of the card. 
I used a sentiment from Trendy Circle Sentiment Stamp set, which is one of my favorites. 
The textured paper, really didn't allow for a smooth image, but it's still readable.
I added an oval bling, which I found in my stash from Want2Scrap.
I had to show you a close up of this next picture, instead of trying to explain it. 
Do you see the glitter in the back of the dress form?
I stamped Delicate Doilies, using a glue ink pad. 
Once it dried I sprinkled some fine glitter over it. 
The look is very subtle, but so pretty in person. 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Bugaboo BINGO Challenge: Brad, Die Cuts and Ribbon


Hugs, 
Calypso

14 comments :

  1. Absolutely stunning! She will be so touched by this beautiful creation. You are so thoughtful, my friend. Thanks for sharing...I'll keep your friend in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I love how you have made up your dress form. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
    Nancy Guest Designer CTB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Calypso! What a sweet and uplifting gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful! I adore that glitter doily in the background. What a neat way to use a doily stamp (which I have a few of, lol). My fave part is how you used the lace and created that beautiful dress. The sentiment inside is so touching and thoughtful. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such prettiness, love your card, thanks for playing along at Cardabilities:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, love the design....Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs challenge this fortnight
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing card
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so sweet and gorgeous!!! Thank you for playing with Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, Calypso, this is so pretty! Your son's friend's mom will be touched. You are such a caring and sweet person! This is gorgeous, all the texture and pretty sparkle. You are one in a million my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such a beautiful card. Everything about it is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Catch The Bug.

    Kathy S. - Guest Designer - Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card and fabulous design.

    Thanks for joining Di's Digi Designs Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Calypso, this is awesome, love it!! Thanks so much for playing at Di's Digi Designs this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card, love all that material. Thanks for playing along at Heck of a challenge this month. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. a very pretty card... like the soft colours and how you added the lace dress! thanks for joining us at hoa challenge!
    ;-) alex h.

    ReplyDelete