Thursday, July 3, 2014

{IBS} Make A Wish Gable Boxes

Good morning. 
Today, I am sharing a fun little project I created for the Inspired by Stamping blog today. 

 So is your summer off to a great start?   We have been having a great Summer thus far.  A few visits to the aquarium, plenty of trips to the beach, picnics at the park and Farmer's Market.  Love Summers!!

My project today was inspired by one of our little trips we took up North, a few ago.   A few months back we asked our middle child, what he wanted to do this Summer and of course, like any excited 4 y/o he ranted off about 20 things; including saying doubles and triples of a few things!!!  LOL   I wrote down these things and I placed one destination into little gable boxes, similar to the ones above.
07032014a
We ended up with a total of 9 gable boxes, so 9 destination wishes.   Now, this took some planning, but we have managed to schedule all 9 destinations for the Summer!!  Yeah!!  Now here comes the fun part.
07032014b
We wake up on a random day (random to the kids) and we say lets go on vacation!!!  Oh, how their eyes light up and their smiles run from ear to ear.  But where shall we go?  Let's go select a destination.  So we all go into the living room and he would select a gable box.   Now keep in mind, he is learning to read, so he selects the box, but I pull out the destination.  (I place the real destination in my hand, before I place my hand inside the gable box!! )  We read the destination of choice together...we pack and off we go!!  Fun right!!
07032014c
I used a cut file from Silhouette to create these gable boxes, but the fun part was really decorating them.    I used a combination of older, old and new stamps from Inspired by Stamping.  The dotted circle is from Cute Circles, which is the very first stamp IBS stamp set. I then stamped the pinwheel in coordinating colors to math the designer paper.  I stamped the "Make A Wish" sentiment, which is from the Happy Occasions stamp, cut it out using the banner die from Fancy Lables 3 Dies.  I applied a little adhesive and wrapped it around a small piece of skewer.  The final touch is a bit of glitter glue to spruce it up a bit!!
Hope you've enjoyed my project today.  Wishing you a bright and sunny week.

Supplies:
Cute CirclesHappy Occasions , Swirling PinwheelsFancy Lables 3 Dies

Sharing this in the following challenges:
Crafty Girls #21
Hugs,

1 comment :

  1. Great idea and love the little wish boxes--thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete