Wednesday, July 2, 2014

GDT: 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #201: Nautical

Today, I am THRILLED...and honored to be this months guest designer, with the lovely and talented ladies at 4 Crafty Chicks.   I frequently play along with their challenges, but this is the first time I have the privilege of playing along with them.  So thank you ladies, for having me on board this month!!
This weeks challenge theme is: 
NAUTICAL
 When I received my GDT assignment sheet, I realized that I didn't have anything Nautical themed in my collection of stamps.  So I turned to my online buddies, who thankfully had this beauty.  Her name is: Dangling Sea Tilda.  She is from an older collection, but I didn't care...She was too cute and thought she fit the theme perfectly. I tried to make the background look like planks, but the wood-grain pattern is faintly apparent in the photos. 

Well I hope that you will stop by 4 Crafty Chicks and play along with us this week. 
Looking forwarding to seeing your entries. 

I would like to share this card in the following challenges:
Muse Challenge #74
I loved the design, but have a hard time with white spaces, so I created my own background paper, keeping the same idea of the sketch in tact and adding my image to the side.

Hugs. 

7 comments :

  1. This is just adorable! Love Tilda and your background looks great! Thanks so much for playing with us this month! We are excited to have you as our Guest Designer!
    Hugs- Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, the colors the image I love Magnolia Stamps (Tilda)...wowee, love it. Glad you are joining us this month, you rock my challenge, way to go! Hugs! Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am trying to leave my message for the second time so if it is repeated feel free to delete it. We are super stoked to have you with us at 4 Crafty Chicks for the Month of July. I can't wait to see your fabulous inspiration each week. The porthole on your card this week is rockin and that image of Tilda on the anchor sure does pack a punch for WOW FACTOR!. I love your background paper too,

    Hugs, Tamie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Magnolia stamps even though I don't feel like I'm very good at bringing them to life on a card! It's been a while since I've played with them, so thanks for giving me a little poke to do that! :)

    Your card is so sweet with little Tilda sitting there on the anchor! That wood plank background is perfect for the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on this week's Muse! So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable :) love the layers and the coloring in that sweet image !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to 4 CC this month, Calypso! :D Your card is so stinkin' adorable! Love Tilda on the anchor WTG!

    ReplyDelete