Thursday, February 2, 2012

CropStop Challenge #56 Sketch/DT



Good morning everyone-
Happy Thursday to you!!!

First of all, I would like to mention that I have been invited to join the wonderful ladies at CropStop Challenge Blog!!! YEAH!!! I was super shocked and delighted at the same time!!!
In speaking with Vicki, who is SUPER sweet and awesome by the way...I made a little mention of CHA and before you knew it, Haylie Jo registered me...I signed up for workshops, booked my hotel and off I went to CHA Anaheim!!!
THANK YOU HAYLIE JO!!!!!  THANK YOU VICKI!!!!!

I had an amazing time...it was a bit tiring, because I overloaded my schedule and had to see everything and meet everyone all three days that I was there!!

So.... I want to tell you about this weeks challenge at Crop Stop.  I was SUPER DUPER EXCITED when I saw this sketch from PageMaps!!
And if you haven't seen or heard about  the NEW Becky Fleck Page Maps™ dies by Spellbinders, you need to check them out HERE.
This weeks sketch coordinates perfectly with these new dies!! How fun right?!?!?

Well here is this weeks sketch...and for a little added bonus, you MUST incorporate a number somewhere on your layout!!
Here is my take on the sketch:
And here is a close up picture of the crackle paint and the glittered cupid! 

I love the way this came out!!! 
The scalloped border was cut with my Spellbinders Scalloped Square die. 
I slightly cut down the center of the paper and did the out of the box technique, so that I could get the scallops straight and evenly spaced!!  Pretty clever eh?!?  Sorry, I met a lot of people from Canada and they all said "eh" at the end of every sentence, it was pretty funny!!!

Well I am hoping to post pictures later this week....Still waiting to get some back from a few of the girls I met out there from Nebraska...Hi girls!!!  They were so much fun to hang out with!! I had a really good time and met many new and incredible people, for which I hope to stay in touch with!!

That is it from me today...
I really hope that you will stop by and give this weeks sketch a go, who knows you might be the lucky winner of $15 dollar Gift Certificate to the CropStop Store!!!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
(Corrugated paper from Starbucks Sleeve)


19 comments :

  1. Wow! I love all the distressing. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet,beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining in at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calypso this is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the crackled paint and glitter! You so rock! Always a treat to visit your blog! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this card is gorgeous! I love all of the distressing!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is STUNNING! I love the corrugated cardboard and paint! This card is SO sassy and absolute perfection for someone you love! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe - we hope you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! The sparkly cupid is so cute and I love the vintage look. I look forward to working with you on the CropStop design team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup, a cardmaking celebration...

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card! Love all of the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is beautiful! Gorgeous details and fantastic colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fantastic, so many gorgeous details to look at. Thanks so much for joining our Recycle Challenge at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card and fab recycled elements. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the texture you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful!!! Thanks for fluttering with us at FBW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so, so soft and pretty and elegant and sweet all at the same time! LOVE your different distressing techniques and all the delicious textures you've tied into this beauty! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great card. Thanks for joining us for our Love Is In The Air Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges this week, and please come back and play along with us again next time.
    Blessings,
    Karen - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely!!! I love how you've got the sparkle and all of the different elements work so beautifully together. Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way this turned out, too! So romantic, so pretty!
    Sorry to have missed you in Cali. Hopefully next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! What a lovely card, Nazeema. Congratulations for fab 4.

    Regards,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  19. super card !
    Thanks for joining us at Bling it On this time would love to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete