Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cherish

What a gorgeous Saturday it is here.
I hope that where ever you are and/or doing that you are enjoying yourself.

I wanted to stop in really quick and show you this card I made for my girlfriend, whom we had brunch with a couple of weeks ago.  It's been months since I've seen her...we were both pregnant at the same time, took yoga and Lamaze classes together. So since having our boys, it's been hard making time to see one another.....so I wanted to make her a card letting her know how much I cherish our friendship.

I used this weeks sketch over at Practical Scrapper.






















I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
-Digi Doodle's Shops Best: Challenge #23: Write Me A Message
-Stamps R Us: Challenge #3: Stitches
-A Crafty Little Place: Challenge #54: Anything Goes
-Paper Play Challenge: Week #35: In stitches
-Moving Along With The Times: Challenge #62: In Stitches

Thank you for stopping in, I'll see you soon.

Hugs,
Calypso

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Kraft by DCWV
Patterned Paper: Chloe's Closet by Making Memories
Flower: Floral Grand Adhesions by Brenda Walton & K& Company
Border: Handmade Adhesive Borders by K&Company
Word: Felt Wording by Making Memories

15 comments :

  1. beautiful work!! thank you so much for joining us at practical scrappers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the text strips and sewing. That's a great sketch. Thanks for sharing at ACLP:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!And great stitching.Thanks for joining us at stamps r us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Calypso! I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very nicely done. The strips of scripted paper looks great. Love that flower too.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hun I'm sure your friend will love it, its lovely & a wonderful idea
    Thank you for joing us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah this is lovely I'm sure your friend will love it, thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT This week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely little card - your fiend will love it
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Calypso, this is a super card. I love how you have used the papers and stitched round them. Great colour combo.
    I am so glad you have joined us at MAWTT this week, your card fits it perfectly, and how lovely to send it to your friend.
    I hope we will see you again soon with another lovely creation.
    luv Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome take on the sketch challenge and I love how nicely the sentiment fits right in!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stitching. Love your card. Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute wee flower! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful and what lovely thoughts behind the card too. Thanks for playing at Paper Play this week.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us this week at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete