Wednesday, February 26, 2014

{IBS} Canvas Coin Purse

Good morning!!
Well I have been busy getting my DT assignments for the month of February done, because March is even busier and more EXCITING!!!  :) 

So I have been learning to sew!!  Sewing on card does not count!!  That is easy!!! 
My hubby and I were at the store and I saw these beautiful coin purses.  I picked one up to examine it and the first thing out of my hubby's mouth was, "You can make one even better than that!!"  I love that man..He has more confidence in my abilities, than I have for myself.   So with the image in my head and the idea brewing, we went straight the craft store.  With canvas and a zipper in hand, I was eager to get started!!  After 5 attempted disasters and 4 days of frustration, this is my final product.


So what do you think!!!???  Be gentle please, as I am really proud of my first Coin Purse!!
I used my Inspired by Stamping stamp set to bring life  and color to the purse.
For the top of the purse I used Scallop Border Crochet Trim and Rose Seam Binding
I used Spring Lilacs on my purse today.   I stamped the script and the one sparrow using Stazon: Timber Brown.  The colored is also stamped with Stazon:Timber Brown, but on Fabric Transfer paper.  I stamped the paper with the image and the ironed it onto my canvas.  Once it cooled, I removed the backing.  Then I colored the image using my Copic Markers.


Here is the back of the coin purse. 
So what do you think!?!?  You like?!

Before, I leave you today I want to remind you that Joanna has blog candy !!
Click HERE to get all the details. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you all are having a great week. 
Sharing this project in the following challenge:
Everybody Art Challenge #267

Hugs, 
Calypso 

4 comments :

  1. Great coin purse Calypso! Can't believe this is one of your first attempts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!!!! love it Calypso! a lot better than the one at the store for sure.. and made with love!
    Mirella DK xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Calypso! You will love sewing, its so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing project!! How fun~

    ReplyDelete