Thursday, December 5, 2013

Seize the Birthday: Winter

Hello and happy Thursday!!
It's time for another challenge over Seize the Birthday
The challenge optional topping for the next 2 weeks is: 
WINTER
I loved this theme a lot!!!  We have lots of December birthday's in our family.
I have two boys that are the 21st and 23rd, our niece is the 16th, our best friend is the 25th and a few more, I just can't seem to remember.  So for me, it was really fun combining the two celebrations!!

For my card today, I am using Penny Black: Mimi's Christmas.  Look at all those cute penguins, lined up to give that snowman hugs!!  Is't that the cutest scene!!!  I could not resist!!!
Colored with Copics and the background was created using Stormy Sky: Distress Ink
I painted stardust glitter glue to the floor beneath the penguins.
The sentiment was created using 2 different stamps from MFT: Pure Innocence
Holiday Hugs & Wishes (Holidays Hug Snowman)
Birthday (Don't Open Until)
Finished off the card by adding white gel pen to the snowflakes around them and bling, to the 4 corners.

So are you ready?
Head over to the Seize the Birthday blog and check out the rest of the teams creations!!
You will LOVE what you see.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

I would like to enter the following:
Crafting By Designs

Hugs,
Calypso

7 comments :

  1. Super, super cute Calypso !! Awesome embossed background and your coloring looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now isn't that just THE cutest card! Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image, so perfect for the sketch this week. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that stamp! Super cute, I may have to quickly go and buy it! Love the embossed background too. Thanks for playing along this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the cutest penguins ever! I love your touches of glitter and white gel pen - awesome! The sentiment is so perfect, great idea to combine the sentiments! Thanks so much for sharing! You've given me something to think about for the three December birthdays I am going to create for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowflake background and those penguins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image! Great card too Calypso! Just realized that one is a snowman...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete