Sunday, July 14, 2013

*SweetStamps July Monthly Challenge

Hello everyone-
It's the 15th of the month and that means it's time for another technique challenge over at SweetStamps.
This months challenge, I LOVE and it's so much fun. 
The theme for this months challenge is:
DRYER SHEET TECHNIQUE
O-M-G!!!  O-M-G!!!
First, of all I have not used dryer sheets in ages!!!  LOL
I had to hunt down dryer sheets from my 99 cent store, just for this technique!!
No, before you start your project....Please make sure you use good super sticky tape!
This is very important and I am sharing my "OOPS" with you, so it will save you the frustration. 

So I colored my "Wreath" image with my Copic markers. 
I added Antique Linen distress ink to the edge of the die cur, after running it through the machine. 
Then I cut two strips of the super tacky tape and laid it on top of of my colored image. 
(When I did it the first tie, I ran the image through my Xyron and the tape did not hold the dryer sheet)
Then I laid the dryer sheet on top and gently rubbed the dryer sheet in place.
Now, don't rub too hard nor too much, or the fibers will loosen and start to fray.
I laid the die back on the image and ran through the die cut machine again.  You may find that you need to use your scissors to clean up some of the lose fibers. 
Sprinkle fine glitter over the image and tah-dah!!!

It is a great technique with such an impressive result. 
I finished my image off by adding gold, red and white pearls to the top of the dryer sheet.  
And a tiny bow.

******************
Join our weekly and monthly challenge
You can use any stamp on your challenge entry, but if you use a SweetStamps image, you will get two entries into the giveaway! To enter the challenge, please add the URL to your actual blog post or online gallery to the InLink at the end of the post. Please do not link to your main blog, we want to be able to find your post to leave you comments. Also, please link back to the SweetStamps blog.
Remember, you can only enter the challenge one time, use a SweeStamps image to get an extra entry in the challenge. Please limit the amount of challenges to 10 (including SweetStamps). You must link back to SweetStamps on your blog post.

Here are the current & upcoming techniques:
 July 15 - Aug 14: Dryer Sheet Technique 
Aug 15 - Sept 14: Masking 
Sept 15 - Oct 14: Paper Piecing 
Oct 15 - Nov 14: Center Step Card

Hugs,
Calypso



6 comments :

  1. Lovely card! I've never seen this technique before, I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tutorial and for joining us at Crafting When We Can and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card
    love it all
    thanks for joining us at crafting when we can
    caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it this week at our Card Mania Challenge.
    Hugs.
    Mira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and festive card!
    Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge and Good Luck!!!
    Smiles, Kaly

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so charming! Thanks for playing with us at Oozak! ( I really should start doing my Xmas cards NOW)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this card! That wreath is beautiful! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete