Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SweetStamps #110

Hello everyone-
Today and I am late posting my card for SweetStamps Challenge today.
I have to be honest, it's been a LONG 3 weeks. 
The boys got the stomach flu and Tommy had to go to the ER to get fluids and medicine to stop him from purging from both ends.  The feeling, from seeing my little one so sick is really indescribable. 
I just wish I could take it all away.
So in trying to get everything and everyone back to normal, my assignments had to take a back seat last week.  Now I am playing catch up and now getting started on Easter.

Which brings me to today's challenge this week. 
This weeks challenge at SweetStamps is:
EASTER
This is Taylor the Bunny, the newest lil' Sweeties created by Jacqueline Hill.
I have stamped him on watercolor paper and embossing with detail black embossing powder.
I have colored this cutie with my distress markers.  Here is a close up.
I wanted to make a card for one of my boys, so I had to stay away from the pinks.  I used MME: Fiddlestick, because the colors were muted, but still had pastel tones to them.  I stamped the sentiment "Happy Easter", on a wood veneer. You have to heat set the ink, when stamping on the wood veneer and I learned that hard way. LOL
******************
Join our weekly and monthly challenge
You can use any stamp on your challenge entry, but if you use a SweetStamps image, you will get two entries into the giveaway! To enter the challenge, please add the URL to your actual blog post or online gallery to the InLink at the end of the post. Please do not link to your main blog, we want to be able to find your post to leave you comments. Also, please link back to the SweetStamps blog.
Remember, you can only enter the challenge one time, use a SweeStamps image to get an extra entry in the challenge. Please limit the amount of challenges to 10 (including SweetStamps). You must link back to SweetStamps on your blog post.
Next week's challenge #111 is:
Pastels
Our monthly challenge can be found HERE.
Theme is:
Wax Resist
******************
I would like to enter the following challenges:
2TC46
The Cutie Pie Challenge #40
Without Words Challenge- March
DICC#50 (1, 4, 6)
Cupcake Inspirations #203

Hugs.



9 comments :

  1. Love your watercoloring on Taylor the Bunny! Love all the DP layers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Calypso! Sorry your family was so sick, hope Tommy is feeling better! It really is awful watching your child be so sick!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love the cute image and fresh colour combo. Hope your wee one is much better soon. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow dp and the shading on the watercolor paper. Cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love the way you watercolored the image. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card and love the papers -thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring on Taylor, love the plaid papers you used along with the border and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card! Love your coloring! Thanks for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations!
    {hugs}
    Indy

    ReplyDelete