Monday, July 2, 2012

SweetStamps #72: Resist

Good morning everyone-
I am back today with a card that I made for this weeks challenge at SweetStamps.
This weeks theme is:
Christmas Resist
(heat emboss or wax paper technique)
I chose to go with heat emboss and resist using my distress inks.
Even though my Christmas stamps had not arrived in time, when I started working on my card I still managed to pull off a Christmas card using the Tree #1 stamp that I had.
Here is my card sample:
SS#72
I had to search high and low for my Liquid Applique, which I seem to only bring out during Christmas time.
I stamped the image using SweetStamps French Toast Ink, then dabbed with a cloth to remove some of the color before stamping again with Versamark Ink. I wanted a faint image of the tree, as to show that it’s fully covered in snow.  Then I rubbed Tumble Glass around the image, then around just the outside edge with Stormy Sky.  Applied the applique, let it sit for about an hour then heated it with my heat gun.  I added a big red bow to accent the blue gray tones of the card.
******************
Join our weekly challenge
You can use any stamp on your challenge entry, but if you use a SweetStamps image, you will get two entries into the giveaway! To enter the challenge, please add the URL to your actual blog post or online gallery to the InLink at the end of the post. Please do not link to your main blog, we want to be able to find your post to leave you comments. Also, please link back to the SweetStamps blog.
Remember, you can only enter the challenge one time, use a SweetStamps image to get an extra entry in the challenge. Please limit the amount of challenges to 10 (including SweetStamps). You must link back to SweetStamps to your blog post.
Next week's challenge #73 is:
Victorain Christmas
(Use Victorian colors)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:



Hugs,
Calypso 

14 comments :

  1. Wow this is really beautiful!!!!! You did a great job on this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This "simple" card is simply gorgeous!!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the tree and made it festive- great accents with the liq applique and LOVE the red bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Calypso! I would never have thought of using the liquid applique but it's a very cool effect and I like it!
    Also, thanks for the 'heads up' about the SS win, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job sweetie, such a wonderful design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing our Ribbons & Bow challenge at Totally Stampalicious, great job!

    Leanne DT TS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! LOVE the snow on the tree--and the colors are phenomenal for a holiday card! LOVE that scrumptious bow, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful-so very different. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Totally Stampalicious this week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh waht a beautiful card. Love the texture and soft colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sundays! Please come back this Sunday to see if you won and to join our "sketch" theme upcoming challenge!xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SUCH a great card! Love the techniques you've used to make the snow on the tree and the ground, and the sketch is just perfect for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card design. Such a unique holiday card. I hope that you and your family had a safe and fun July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and love the sketch you followed! Great colors! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your design and how you used the tree with the liquid applique. The blue and gray colors work well together. Love the red bow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool. Love the snow and the big red bow. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete